At the start of the new year, I listed my personal & financial goals HERE. I have printed and posted these in my closet so I look at them EVERY DAY! It helps to keep me motivated and on track. The summer has actually been pretty busy for me. I've completed several home projects, we went on our 5 year anniversary vacation, so I haven't posted my results over the summer. Here are my June, July and August results:
Personal: (a lot of these are continuous)
* Lose 30 lbs - I have lost 25 pounds and several inches (not sure how many) since 1/1/12. I know I've lost more than 30 pounds of fat, but I've been doing some weight training as well. Everything is getting more toned.
* Cut coke from Diet - Still no drop of coke since 1/1/12.
* Eat more fish - I’ve been eating tuna for lunch a few times a week.
* Spend more time reading and relaxing - I have started reading some parenting/pregnancy books over the summer, but haven't completed one. Other books I've read this year include: The Power of Self-Healing: Unlock Your Natural Healing Potential in 21 Days, The Paleo Diet, Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow, 168: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
* Load dishes in dishwasher as we dirty them - Still going well for us. I do the dishes every day (ugh!)
* Research home flipping and put together business model - Hubby and I have put together a business plan, mission statement, talked to real estate agents, crunched numbers, and starting in September, we are going to start socking away money for the business.
* Earn extra $600-$1,000 by any means possible - $37 from taking items to the Recycling Center. The only other extra we made this summer was from Brian teaching summer school. We earned a substantial amount, but I'm not going to include that in my total. But it was nice to have some extra money this summer. Grand total earned since January 1st: $618.75. I'm hopeful we will meet our $600-$1,000 goal for the year.
Save & Pay Cash for Spring Break Trip
* Pay off undergraduate school loans
* 3 months of expenses saved in Emergency Fund
* Start IRA, Contribute monthly - ongoing
* Start investing ($150/month) - We are going to cut this so we can concentrate on saving for the other things...like a family :)
* Save & Pay Cash for Summer Vacation
Save & Pay Cash for New Car - See HERE.
* Walk Dusty Bottoms (our dog) more - It's been so dang hot outside, I haven't walked him much. 1-2 times a week, we have taken him out at night for a run around the park.
**NEW** Pay cash for Brian's Master's Degree - We have successfully paid for 3 classes in cash. Yay! I am so grateful that we will not have to pay interest on Brian's higher education.
How are your financial goals coming along?
Sacrifice today for a better tomorrow!
Enjoy the FREE savings?